Please check this page regularly for details on paid and voluntary positions within Derby City Mission
Do you want to be a part of an organisation going places?
part time Head of Finance (Paid)
Role: In this role you will play a pivotal part in helping to make a real difference to those who need us most by providing an effective financial service both for our existing activities and to help us move forward with our growth and development plans.
- Coordinating core financial processes and seeking to continually improve their effectiveness
- Providing accurate, timely and clear financial forecasts and reports to Management and Board
- Providing strategic vison, insight, guidance, support, and influence to decision making whilst assessing any associated risks and benefits.
- A relevant professional Accountancy qualification (ideally ACA/CIMA/ACCA
- Significant financial management experience (preferably in a charity environment)
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of financial/organisational business context
Apply to: Please click here to dowload a full information pack and how to apply.
Deadline: Applications will close on Friday 23rd March with a provisional interview day of Thursday 5th April.
STREET PASTORS (VOLUNTARY)
Role: Street Pastors are trained volunteers from local churches who care about their community. They patrol in teams of men and women, from 10pm to 4am on a Friday and Saturday night, to care for, listen to and help people who are enjoying a night out and may later find themselves in a place of vulnerability or difficulty.
It may involve helping someone sober up to get a taxi home, arrange for family to collect them, doing basic first aid for those who are injured, or simply chatting with people about their lives, hopes and fears.
Apply to: For more information, full volunteer criteria, recruitment and training programme, please follow this link.
Deadline: Applications will close on Monday 12th March and interviews will take place on the evening of Monday 19th March.
Street Pastor Taster Evening
To find out more, meet current Street Pastors and get answers to any questions you may have.
Date: Monday 19th February @ 7-30pm
Location: Littleover Methodist Church, Constable Drive, DE23 6EP
Training: Programme starts on Friday 13th April.
So that you can get more of a feel for what is involved in being a Street Pastor, we like candidates to come out on a shift with one of our teams as an observer, ideally before coming for interview.
To book an observer shift or for any other information please email Shirley Wormsley via email@example.com